- 19th/21st of January : just another Snow and Avalanche Awareness course ?
- Safety Matters part 2 | Learning from our mistakes.
- Safety Matters part 1 | The Clients
- Discover Ski Og Skred
- Why Short Avalanche Courses Might Harm You.
- Winter start: to do list!
- Sponsor an adventure and win a ski trip with us !
- Finnmark May 2013
- What is Champagne Powder ?…
What is Champagne Powder ?…
Posted 2013 01 11 by Array
When it comes to describing the quality of snow, off piste skiers have the tendency to make reality just a little bit better than what it actually is….
Here in Maurienne, we have the perfect recipe for a good Champagne Powder.
First ingredient is a real Champagne producer, let’s say Thibault Legrand, third generation in his family vineyard.
Then you’ll need a not-so-well known place, where powder remains fresh and untracked even long after the last snowfall. The Maurienne valley is that place.
And, of course, find a few people who would be eager to taste that excellent beverage in the most unusual places…
Important . the ratio Champagne/Powder must be kept at a minimum (few bubbles/lots of pow) to make it an enjoyable experience !
If that makes you thirsty or if you wish to know more, please check Thibault’s website.