A Course in Canyoning
Canyoning in the Alps is a very unique way to discover the beauty of the pristine alpine mountain rivers.
Depending on the canyon, it can be an easy family outing or more challenging, but one thing is for sure, it's always fun!
Who doesn't like to swim, jump and slide in crystal clear water?
And there is more to it, that you will discover during this 3 days course :
- how to "read" a river stream, when is it safe to go? What are the dangers of whitewaters?
- progression techniques
- group dynamics & safety
- rope management, rappelling and rescue techniques in a canyon environnement
- Briefing and gear check, at our office.
- First activity, a simple and playful canyoning
- Course in rope management, on a crag or a via ferrata.
We'll walk you through abseiling techniques, safety lifelines, progression techniques and so on...
Day 2 :
A day to apply practically the learnings of day 1!
We'll take you to one or two canyons and we'll put into practice all the techniques.
Possible locations: Dry canyon of Aussois, canyon of La Norma, Canyon of Petit Mont-Cenis
Day 3 :
We'll throw ourseleves to the water for a long day in one of the classic canyonings of the Maurienne Valley.
Minimum 13 years old, and of course you need to know how to swim.
No previous experience of neither canyoning nor rope techniques is required.
You don't need to be a top athlete to join that course in canyoning, still a good fitness is the guarantee that you'll enjoy long days in the water.
Morgane, your instructor.
Morgane is a climbing and canyoning instructor.
She'a also an educated geographer with the transition of tourism in the alpine areas as a speciality.
She loves exploring the mountain streams and has a passion for teaching and sharing.
No doubt she'll be the perfect guide on this canyoning course!
Learn more about her here
- 3 days training in canyoning with a professional
Without extra charges:
- loan of the canyoning gear (wetsuit, socks, gloves, harness and helmet
- loan of the collective gear (ropes, bags, dry containers etc...)
- your trip to the Maurienne valley
- your personal insurances
A course tailored to your group?
Whatever the goals of your groups, we can propose a course tailored to your exact needs, at a date that suits you. Just get in touch!
Lodging in Maurienne :
We can help you finding a nice accomodation close to the activities, from a campground to a 4 stars hotel.
Dates & Prices :