Safety Academy BasicWith Ortovox
Two days around the foundations of alpine climbing!
18-19 June / 23-24 July 2022
What do you need to know ?
No need to be an expert, but to join that course you will need to :
- have a minimum climbing experience, like one or more days climbing indoor or outdoor.
- be in a good shape for 2h climbing minimum.
- be able to climb up to grade 5 on an indoor climbing wall.
- know the main belaying techniques
- know the 3 basic knots (HMS, figure 8 and prussik)
What will you learn?
You will get the basic skills for alpine climbing, as well as all the theory and techniques necessary for alpine climbs grade 3 and 4.
- Knots, gear and belaying (theory & practise)
- Planning, maps and guidebooks
- Specificities of Alpine Climbing, dangers and environmental perspectives
- Climbing (top rope & lead)
- Techniques and tactics specific to alpine climbing
Included two days with a certified climbing instructor or an IFMGA mountain guide, ropes, collective gear as well as personal gear according to your needs (harness, helmet etc...).
Transports, lodging and food aren't included but get in touch and we'll help your with these.